Fox - Motion Picture Armourer and Weapons Specialist Armorer for the Film and
the images covering 25 years of film and
role of the Motion Picture Armourer
questions and answers from
a comprehensive listing of
in contact with
by Phone or Fax
1. What is a Motion Picture Armourer and what is the function of the Armourer on the film set?
2. Do other Weapons other than Firearms require a
separate Licence or Permits ?
3. If we are Filming Near The Border can we cross over the border with the Weapons for a few scenes?
4. Do all Armourers have the same sort of Weapons and make their own Blanks?
5. Are Blank Cartridges Dangerous?
6. How important is Advising the Police of our Film Shoot?
7. We don't have a budget for a Profesional Armourer but a friend has a gun we can use and he has a gun
licence. Will it be OK to use his gun and use him as our armourer ?
8. What does the Film & Television Safety Code say about
Armourers? What does the law say about Firearms on a Film Set?
What are the Film & Television Safety Guidance Notes
and where can I get a copy of them?
I would like some Special Effects Explosions & Gun
Shot Wounds. ( Bullet Hit Squibs ) in my film,
Can I buy them ?.. Can I make them myself ? What would
I use to make the Squibs & Explosions from ?
what Brent Houghton (Furious Films - maker of Huntsman
Jamie Blanks (Director of Urban Legend)
and Jackie Chan (Mr.Nice Guy)
have to say about John Fox.